Star Lounger
    Thanks

blank pages after TOC (2002)

Hi all. I've got a large document that begins with an 11-page table of contents. Following that are 11 blank pages. (Coindence?) The text begins on page 23. Pages 12-22 are completely blank except for the header and footer. Not even any hard returns or other nonprinting characters. If I right click or double click on any of those pages, nothing happens. Other than that, the file is normal. But when I try too hard to get rid of the extra pages, I have a good chance of crashing.

I appreciate any help.
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

Thanks

Re: blank pages after TOC (2002)

Do the eleven blank pages appear in Normal view or only in Print Preview? Do they seem to be manual page breaks or purely automatically generated? Any unusual field codes following the TOC?

By the way, have you installed SP3 for Office XP?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your question fixed it. I switched to Normal view. I had accepted the insertion of the updated TOC, but didn't see a corresponding deletion to accept. When I switched to Normal view, the deleted TOC was there as strike through text. I accepted it, and the problem is solved. It still seems odd that it happened. I've made deletions that go on for several pages, and those get printed at the end of the document, with just a portion in the margin balloon.

And no, I haven't installed SP3. Do I need to? I'll have to explain it to my IT department in terms they understand in order to get it installed.
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

Thanks

Maybe the "s" word will persuade them?

"Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) contains significant security enhancements, in addition to stability and performance improvements."

Source: Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) download page

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Michael:
    I don't have time to search at the moment, as I'm leaving in 15 minutes, but...

You can change the behavior of tracked changes. Search this forum for tracked changes & also search Woody's archives, as he had several articles about improving the behavior of XP's tracked changes.
    Sorry for the rush,