2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forms Order By (Access 2002)

When ever I use the Sorting Functions in a form I noticed that when I close the Form it retains the 'Sorting Value' in the 'Order By' properties of the form. I would like to reset the 'Order By' form property back to 'blank'; the value it was prior to Sorting; I like to do this when closing the form; I tried setting the value by using the following command; Me.OrderBy = OrderBy = " ". However the Value "False" was entered into the 'Order By' property of the form. All I want is the form to open without retaining the previous sorting value.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forms Order By (Access 2002)

I always provide a command button on a form labeled "Close". The On Click event procedure for this button closes the form without saving the design:

Private Sub cmdClose_Click()
    DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo
    End Sub

By not saving the design, the filter and sort by properties are not stored.

Note: acSaveNo has no bearing on saving the current record; Access always saves the current record automatically.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In your statement "Me.Name" refers to which field?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Me refers to the object executing the code, i.e. the form. Name is not a field, but the Name property of the form. Although you could omit Me.Name in most cases, it ensures that you close the form running the code, not the form that happen to be the active form at that moment.