New Lounger
    Thanks

File upload problem (XP Home 2002 service pack 1)

Problem with uploading large files.

I am dealing with on line photo printing services and have a problem with uploading photo files lately.
    Example: I want to upload a 19.4 MB jpg file and the upload stops at 70%. The printing service I was always using could not come up with an answer to this problem, as I was suspecting a problem on there side, so I tried another one. The upload attempt to the new printing service showed exactly the same problem, the upload stopped at 70% and indicated an error. I have to assume now, that the problem rests with my PC. But what do I look for? This fine forum has always been able to come up with solutions to my problems, and I hope I can impose on you again.

Dell Dimension 8200
    Pentium 4 2.2GHz
    512 MB Ram
    Windows XP Home, current on all MS updates
    Norton Internet Security 2003
    Roadrunner Cable

Oskar F. Neuhold

Thanks

Re: File upload problem (XP Home 2002 service pack 1)

Oskar,
    Check out this KB article. See timeouts
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Re: File upload problem (XP Home 2002 service pack

As an aside, is that like a 4x6 foot poster or a panorama of the coast of California? Gosh that's a big file.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File upload problem (XP Home 2002 service pack 1)

Thanks Bob,
    I checked out the article and I am not surprised that yet again MS managed to screw up something with a patch. However before I had a chance to read your reply I had investigated my problem further and zeroed in on Symantec Internet Security, and wouldn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Although it looks like you've found the answer, keep your eye on ROADRUNNER. I have a few acquaintences who use them and they have strict limits of some kind on upload size, at least via email. One of my friends had to send some pictures to me one at a time in separate emails because of RR's limitations.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am into photography and have my larger photos printed by Ofoto. The file is for a 16 x 20 at 300 pixel/inch for optimum quality prints.

Oskar

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice, but before I started investigating my problem I called my roadrunner tech service and was told there is no upload file size limitation. Also we are not talking about an e-mail attachment.
    After contacting Symantec about the behavior of the Internet Security software I was advised,

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You could always consider dumping NIS and going with something else. There are others out there that are quite good. Check/search the Spyware -AV - Safe computing board for more thorough discussions.

Joe
    Joe