2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot Access Dialog Box--Error (Office 2000)

I have an Excel 2000 user that has an intermittent problem. It does not appear consistently, but often enough to be annoying. It is not always the same file that she gets it on, and it doesn't happen in any consistent manner. The error is "Cannot Access Dialog Box" once she gets the error message she closes out of Excel and tries to open the file a second time. Usually she can then access the Excel file, but not always. I can't seem to find out a reason why this is happening, but it has been ongoing for a number of months. Thanks for any help you can give us.
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot Access Dialog Box--Error (Office 2000)

I'm afraid that's not much to go on. A Google search for that error message on the web and in the newsgroups yields only one hit, and that's a red herring.

The user might try Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, I'd already done a Google search and come up with a blank wall. Really that's the only error she gets and it doesn't say much. I will check out Jan's post and see if I can figure something out. This is just one of those annoying things we can't quite figure out because there's not enough info in the error message. Thanks again for your reply,

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

That is the kind of message I might expect if Excel is on a network drive and the user gets occasional network errors.
    Legare Coleman

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks heaps, Legare. I know this user saves files to the network, but the applications runs on her local C drive. I will be spending some time with the PC this morning just to see if I can recreate the problem and follow the previous posted systemic problem track. Appreciate your thoughts, Judy