Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Capture a range using an inputbox (Excel 2000 >)

Here is a useful way of capturing a range with an inputbox. No need to created a custom userform to do the job!!!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Capture a range using an inputbox (Excel 2000 >)

Thanks. The use of Application.InputBox in Excel is relatively little known. Apart from using it to let the user enter a range, as in your instructions, it can also be used to limit the values the user can enter to for example numbers only.

Type Application.InputBox in the Visual Basic Editor and press F1 to see the online help subject. Here is the list of possible values of the Type argument from the online help:

<table border=1><td align=center>Value</td><td align=center>Meaning</td><td align=right>0</td><td>A formula</td><td align=right>1</td><td>A number</td><td align=right>2</td><td>Text (a string)</td><td align=right>4</td><td>A logical value (True or False)</td><td align=right>8</td><td>A cell reference, as a Range object</td><td align=right>16</td><td>An error value, such as #N/A</td><td align=right>64</td><td>An array of values</td></table>
    You can use the sum of the allowable values for Type. For example, for an input box that can accept both text and numbers, set Type to 1 + 2.

Thanks

I would add the line:

on error goto 0

after the "set varRange" line to turn back on error checking. You should only ignore it for the 1 line.

Steve

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,
    What you have added to my initial post is GREATnews. The application.inputbox is relatively new to me still, as I only discovered it a short while ago. Just the fact that it could be used to capture a range blew me away as i at times created my own userform to do that. This is going to save much time! What u inform me of now is extending my interest regarding this feature. I am certainly going to experiment with it further!

Thanks for your input and value added advice!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Steve,

I agree with you concerning the statement. I do apologize not adding that to the attachment. I think I was soooo excited to share the find that I overlooked the accuracy of my post.

Thanx for the correction!
    Regards,
    Rudi