New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving local folders to IMAP folders (OE 6.0)

Hi,

I have shifted from Outlook 2000 to OE 6.0 because of better support for IMAP, which I prefer to use. I have imported all my Outlook messages into OE without any problem. Those messages are under Local Folders. However, I am unable to move them to my IMAP folders whether online or offline. Is this possible at all or do I have to deal with those messages separately?

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
    Ramdak

Thanks

Re: Moving local folders to IMAP folders (OE 6.0)

This might be related to your IMAP account; all I can describe is how it works in my little test. Here is what I can do:
    <UL><LI>Create new folders on the server by right-clicking the top level entry in the Folder list and choosing New Folder.

<LI>Copy messages from a local to an IMAP folder using Ctrl+drag.[/list]Do you get any error messages when you try that?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I will try Ctrl+drag and see if it works. I was just dragging from the local to IMAP folders.

Thanks for the tip,
    Ramdak

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Are you dragging the *folders* from local to IMAP locations, or *messages* from local to IMAP folders? That seems to be the difference between your and Jefferson's methods - he's dragging messages between existing folders, not trying to drag the folders between locations ...
    Beryl M