3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook calendar anomoly... (Outlook 2000)

I have a user who accesses her boss's calendar in Outlook (Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server 2000) by going File>>Open>>Other user's folder. She's been using it this way for months and months with no problem. She has it open almost all day as she very much manages her boss's calendar.

She just informed me that occaionally a reminder for a meeting or appointment will pop up on her screen. She'll check her own calendar and see nothing there. She checks her boss's calendar and there is the meeting or appointment she's being reminded about. This happens occasionally, not with all items in the calendar that have a reminder set. She said this hasn't happened before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here? Since it's infrequent and seemingly random (from the end user's POV) I think it's going to be hard if not impossible to figure out. The good thing is that it's not so big a problem that she feels it has to be fixed. She can live with it but would like it to stop if possible. Any ideas?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook calendar anomoly... (Outlook 2000)

I'd start out by running the /cleanfreebusy startup switch on both machines.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook calendar anomoly... (Outlook 2000)

Great idea, John. I'll give it a try. Thanks.