Thanks

Slow Contacts Deletion

I have a problem with Outlook 2000: it takes 25 to 30 seconds to delete a Contact! I'm using Win NT, SR 5, I believe. The company is running Exchange Server. Two weeks ago, I deleted all 1700 of my contacts in five minutes. I then installed a case management program that syncs with Outlook and it put back in 1700 contacts. I then had some problems and had to reinstall the case manager. I never turned back on the integration for contacts. Nevertheless, contacts, but nothing else, take forever to delete!! Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I've got the case manager company working on the issue as well, but I'm thinking maybe it's more of an Outlook issue. Something got changed somehow in the Outlook setup that's make Outlook grind for 25 secs before it will let the contact be deleted. Any ideas??

Thanks!!

-Rich Belthoff

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slow Contacts Deletion

it's how the case manager software interacts with Outlook. i'm seeing the same thing using CRM software.

Thanks

Thanks. I suspect that, although I have turned off the Contact integration. I even uninstalled the case manager. However, I guess the outlook related .DLLs are still running. Even when the case manager was uninstalled and everything was off, it was still slow. Could it still have affected Outlook even when it was all off and the DLLs weren't loading? (or at least I think they weren't running - you can never really tell what a computer is doing!).

Thx.

-rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

depends on what dlls it uses and how it interacts with outlook. which program was it?

Thanks

It's Amicus Attorney V. It has some .DLLs like AAOutlook.dll and others. I'm sure it's related to this, but you'd think that if the integration is off it wouldn't affect Outlook, but maybe it does anyway.

Thx.

-Rich.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it *shouldn't* affect outlook, but i know from experience some programs do something and it does affect outlook. winfax is a good example. if installed and not using outlook integration and even when not running it still prevented outlook from shutting down properly.