Star Lounger

Save merged document/fields (XP)

I'm running a mail merge using Word as the main document and Access as the data source. I "merge to new document" and then save that as a Word document. The places where there were fields are weird in the newly saved document. They are still shaded and when I try to select them they select as a whole, like they are still fields. Shouldn't these NOT be fields anymore and all just be plain text like a regular Word document? Does anyone know of anything that might need to be changed when I run the mail merge? I'm including an example of my saved document. Check out where it says "husband and wife" or "joint tenants" and even the paragraph farther down where it says "Earnest Money herein acknowledged ..." Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Save merged document/fields (XP)

I don't know what has gone wrong, but this is NOT a merged document. The fields are MERGEFIELDs as you can see by pressing Alt+F9 (press it again to hide the field codes). Moreover, the document contains only 1 section, while a merged document contains one section for each record from the data source.
    On the other hand, it is not the original merge document - there is no data source associated with the document.
    If this happens with every mail merge, it would seem that there is a serious problem with Word on your system. See if Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> helps.