New Lounger
    Thanks

Receive mail on two accounts (Outlook 2000)

Hi.

My Outlook at work is on Exchange Server. I also have my personal home account set up so I can receive that e-mail as well. I want to set Outlook up so that stuff received on account A goes into the inbox and stuff received on account B goes to another folder. I've tried creating a rule that specifies that everything sent to my home address (abc@def.com) is moved to folder B, but that doesn't work for things like newsletters that aren't sent just to the e-mail address. What I'm really looking for is a way to set up a rule that says "if this e-mail is received on account B, move it to folder B". Help.

Ed.

Thanks

Re: Receive mail on two accounts (Outlook 2000)

Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 had a split personality, and some features available in "Intenet Mail Only" mode are not available in "Corporate/Workgroup" mode, and vice versa. In IMO mode, each message is marked with an Account name. If you right-click your Inbox header row and pick Field chooser and add Account, in IMO mode it would indicate which account it came in on. If I recall correctly, in CW mode (which you need to use Exchange), that field usually was blank. But please check it just in case.

In Outlook 2002, I think this was fixed. Also, the OL02 Rules Wizard let you search for text anywhere in the Internet headers of a message, so you could look for your personal mail address even if it was not in the To or Cc line. Again, I don't think OL00 had this, but it's worth checking.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Receive mail on two accounts (Outlook 2000)

Thanks for the advice. You're right that under corporate mode the "account:" field exists but is blank. Your second tip worked, though. The rules in Outlook 2000 do include the choice "with specific words in the message header". Problem solved!

Ed.