New Lounger
    Thanks

copying and pasting to HTML/Dreamweaver (Word 2002 SP-2)

Hello,
    I am copying text and images from a word doc, into an HTML page created in Dreamweaver. I have run into multiple problems with pasting.

First, there is an image, saved here as "The Neurophysiology of Nicotine" that I cannot copy into any graphic editor (Fireworks or Photoshop). When I can save it, it is saved as a "Scrap Document" and is basically unusable. Any ideas how to get it into either my HTML page or graphics editor, please?

Second, this document was highly edited and I am finding that as I paste text into the HTML pages many of the edits that were deleted are being pasted into the HTMLdoc. I tried saving the word doc as a txt file, and still those edits appear in both the txt and the pasted material. I thought that if I turned off (or is it on?) track changes, I would be able to get the straight edited text, without deletions. That didn't work either, but now I am not able to get rid of the comments/changes on the side. I have included a small section of the doc called "Additional Benefits."

I am assured by another member, my brother, that this is probably very easily solved by you all in the know. I'd really appreciate any help.

Attached are the files.

Thanks, Annie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copying and pasting to HTML/Dreamweaver (Word 2002 SP-2)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge.

Tracking changes has been turned off in both documents, but changes tracked earlier haven't been accepted yet. Use the Accept Changes button on the Reviewing toolbar to accept all changes (if you so wish).

If you save "The Neurophysiology of Nicotine" as a .htm file, a folder with images will be created - when I tried it, 2 .jpg files were created (one the size as used in the document, the other the original size.) You should be able to use one of these in your HTML page.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copying and pasting to HTML/Dreamweaver (Word 2002 SP-2)

Thank you so much for your help! Track changes was the hardest to figure out but I finally made it work. And the image works like a dream. Thanks!