Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Auto Locking Problems (97)

    Just about the time that I think I have seen everything, something new comes along. The database that my user has been using now for 3 years has developed a mysterious problem of "locking" records after only one entry. I am using a tabbed form, with (1) main form, and three sub-forms. For whatever reason, the 'Allow Edits', 'Allow Deletions', and 'Allow Additions' properties for each of the sub-forms, will all switch to "NO" after one record entry. The client send me the database, I reset the correct property permissions, send it back, and it happens again after one record change. BUT, if I use the database on the PC, it works fine. I did have the user access the system (after I corrected it for about the 5th time) on another PC, other then his normal one. It worked fine for about 3-4 days, but now it is acting up again. I on the other hand can still make changes to the copy I have, with no problem.

    I will had that my client maintains his database on their own network, and so it is separated from the copy I have. This is a strange one....I have run a virus scan but located nothing. It still seems like a VB issue, but I can't point by finger to any one area to look at.

    So, I decided to do, what I should have done in the first place, and ask the Woody's experts for help. As always, I thank you in advance for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Thanked 58 Times in 58 Posts

    Re: Auto Locking Problems (97)

    It sounds like you may be dealing with a corrupt form - Access 97 has significant problems with users saving a form with changes where filters have been applied or properties of the form are changed in VBA. It prompts the user and the user answers yes without stopping to think or even understanding what is being saved. You might try importing everything in the database to a new database and see if that resolves the situation on a more permanent basis. You might also try setting Access User Security so the user cannot make or save changes to forms. It is also possible that the user has an Access 97 installation that has gone bad - if the previous step doesn't fix the problem you could try reinstalling Access 97. Let us know how you get on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts