3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

VPN XP home SBS 2003

Hi,

We upgraded (yesterday) to SBS 2003 and work and I have VPN access from my Win XP Home PC. The VPN connection works fine - connects and shows up in the notification area. What I can't figure out now is how I actually access my files or my mail.

I am happy to use outlook web access for my mail - but have no idea how to set this up.

I would have thought my files would have appeared somewhere in the "My Network Places" in Explorer but this isn't the case.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: VPN XP home SBS 2003

For mail, I would expect that you could launch Outlook and see your mail just as though you were in the office, since VPN is equivalent to LAN. This assumes, of course, that you have entered the Exchange account into Outlook first...

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: VPN XP home SBS 2003

Thanks for your reply. I was getting a bit confused between VPN and Outlook Web Access - for OWA all I needed was the correct url http:/mail.mydomain.com.au.

I will only need VPN for my file access - but was told yesterday that there is another step to be taken on the server, so once that is done I will give it a go.

Thanks again