2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autocreate (2003)

For some reason a select few of us in our office can't use the autocreate feature as it does not bring the text of the message over into Contacts, Calendar Etc. It is very frustrating as I drag messages into my tasks all the time.
    Can anyone help me save, a ton of time? Please Help!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autocreate (2003)

What is your Outlook configuration - with or without Exchange? Are some of you standalone (PST) based?

I noticed this "feature" recently in an Exchange 2003 linked version of Outlook 2003 I was running. Autocreate only worked dragging from the Inbox to Contacts. For a standalone (PST) version of Outlook 2003 on my home machine, Autocreate works fine in all instances. That is, both with PSTs created new in Outlook 2003 and with PSTs carried over from earlier versions of Outlook?

HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We have an exchange here. it drives me crazy how others can use autocreate but 6 oout of 20 of us can't. Is there a setting that has to be selected?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Could it possibly be that 6 of you are running Outlook XP - and that the server is Exchange 2000? Officially, Exchange 2000 supports Outlook 2000 & not XP. AFAIK Autocreate does work on the Exchange 2k + Outlook 2k combination. HTH
    Gre

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Just a final thought. Are you dragging and dropping using the "old style" folder tree or are you using the "new style" bars in the left hand window? I tried using the "new style" bars in the Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 setup again today and all Autocreate worked flawlessly. It even worked (afterwards) using the old folder tree. HTH
    Gre