5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User form in Excel? (2000)

Hi,
    Is it possible to create a user form in excel similar to what you can in word?
    I've had a quick look round and cannot find it....................
    I have a worksheet that is in a table type format. Its a bit messy but its format cannot be changed. However I thought if the user could have a form where the selections where clearer, this would tidy up the worksheet.
    Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User form in Excel? (2000)

Just like in Word, you can create a userform by activating the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11), and selecting Insert | UserForm. Or do you mean something else?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, Monday morning moment.................yes I had forgotten to go into Visual Basic Editor. I presume it works by cell reference as opposed to bookmarks.
    I presume I can glean information from another hidden worksheet for comboboxes, etc, within the user form.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can refer to cells on a userform:

- Text boxes, combo boxes, check boxes etc. have a ControlSource property. This is the address of the cell that will contain the value of the control. For example: Sheet1!B37
    - Combo boxes and list boxes also have a RowSource property. This is the address of the range used to populate the list. For example: Sheet2!B2:B23