Thread: MSQSRV32

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MSQSRV32

Hello Everybody!

Since a couple of days I have a problem with my Laptop and have no idea where it's from since I didn't install new hard- or software. Whe the computer starts up, he crashes and nothing goes until I press Ctrl-Shift-Del. Then I see, that MSQSRV32 is hanging. If I kill this, I receive a bluescreen. Booting in Save Mode works OK.
    Does anybody have an idea about this?
    I need help urgently... So any comment will be appreciated!

Many Greetings, Porley

Thanks

Re: MSQSRV32

Can you confitm that it is
    msQsrv32
    and not
    msGsrv32
    ?

I came across one reference to there being a clash with Symantec Firewall - if you are running that, try disabling it.

Although you have not installed any new software, have you installed any updates or service packs?
    Are you running any anti-virus software?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for answering so fast. Yes I mean msQsrv32, though somehow both processes seem to be related somehow. On this computer, there is no symantec software running, but there is an anti-virus-application (Kaspersky) running. There is also a W-LAN-card installed. The error occured first after installing these two components, but not immediately, so I have no idea whether there is a relation or not. Also I have no idea what this process is good for...

Thanks

To eliminate the AV and Lan card, you may need to disable them for a while if practical. AV software (of all flavours) is notorious for causing (short-term) problems - check to see if there is a new 'engine' available (as opposed to new definitions). Likewise, check the Lan card manufacturers site for the latest drivers.

Otherwise, maybe these two can shed some light:

MSKB 138708 - Function of the Windows 32-Bit Message Server
    MSKB 306616 - Msgsrv32.exe Stops Responding and Then the Computer Stops Responding