2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Date Navigator--Not Bolded (Outlook 2000)

My boss has just entered vacation and other appointments in his Outlook calendar for June/July 2005, but when using the date navigator the dates are not bolded. The appointments are not all-day events, and I've made sure the checkbox is checked to have days with appointments bolded. There are other 2005 days that have appointments and indeed they are bolded, but for some reason when entering items today for 2005, none of the dates with appointments are bolded. This is driving my boss crazy! Can anyone give me guidance as to what the problem might be. Many thanks...Mary

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Date Navigator--Not Bolded (Outlook 2000)

Sometimes there is a delay before they show up bolded. If your boss is on a server and they don't show up after the time interval set under Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Free/Busy Options | Update free/busy information on the server every <!t>[n]<!/t> minutes, close his/her Outlook and restart it from the command line using both the

/cleanreminders /cleanfreebusy

startup switches. Post back to this thread if this doesn't help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, John...We tried everything, including restarting Outlook from the command line using the startup switches, but to no avail. We think it is that the dates are too far out--we can put in appointments for June 2005 and those appointment dates appear bold, but no appointment dates July 2005 onward appears in bold. Is this Microsoft's plan or just a quirk? Thanks for your help...Mary

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Mary, through the same menu I mentioned above, change the box for Publish <!t>[n]<!/t> months of Calendar fee/busy information on the Server to 12 months (or more) and see if (after a short delay) the bolding shows for 12 months out (or whatever you set).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Calendar Date Navigator--Not Bolded (Outlook 2

MSKB 197747 - OL2000: Day Not Displayed in Bold for Some Appointments
    <hr>SYMPTOMS
    Appointments created in Outlook will not show the day in bold on the Calendar when you use the Day/Week/Month view if the appointment is more than 10 months in the future. This occurs for regular and recurring appointments.

CAUSE
    Outlook Stores 12 months of free/busy data: the previous month, current month and 10 months in the future. This data is used to format days as bold in the Date Navigator. This behavior is by design. <hr>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Date Navigator--Not Bolded (Outlook 2

Thank you, John & Leif...The information you provided solved the mystery! Appreciate your help...Mary