New Lounger
    Thanks

Tables /Autotext (Word 2000)

I have found that I can select an entire row in a table and define it as an autotext entry, but I cannot do the same for a column - can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Many thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables /Autotext (Word 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge.

As far as I know, your observation is correct: you can create an AutoText entry from one or more entire rows, or from an entire table, but not from individual cells or from one or more columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans.

Perhaps someone can offer me some additional advice then.

I have a 3 column table in which users will split column 2 into as many new columns as they like. Is it possible for me to set the table so that:

Column 1 to be a fixed width and always starting and ending at the current position
    Column 3 to be a fixed width and always starting and ending at the current position

In other words, whatever happens in column 2 will not affect the over all positioning of the table!

Thank you!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This question has been re-posted (with a slight change), so to avoid confusion and duplication, I am locking this one. Please post all reactions in the thread starting at <post#=397693>post 397693</post#>.