New Lounger
    Thanks

Losing my cookies (WinXP + IE6.0.2800)

I can't retain any cookies for websites that I log in to. I've followed MS's KB for IE6 that says:
    Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Web Sites - Edit and entered the URLs for the sites I log into. But, it's not working. Any suggestions?
    Eli

Thanks

Re: Losing my cookies (WinXP + IE6.0.2800)

Clearing out your Temporary Internet Files (browser cache) can remove cookies, too. Do you have any software that does that, privay protection type software? (I would expect the built-in settings in IE not to wipe out your cookies, but I can't be sure!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for replying. I use Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D and checked them. There doesn't seem to be anything that deletes files unless I run the apps. Since I use the same apps on my home PC and don't have this problem, I don't think that they're the cause. Other than that, I still can't figure anything out as to the cause. I've reset my settings in Internet Options on both the Privacy and Security tabs to medium and I'm accepting first and third party cookies.
    Eli

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

In addition, try deleting your index.dat file. See the thread starting with <post#=196016>post 196016</post#> or <post#=96703>post 96703</post#>. There's a batch file that I've been using for this. See <post#=198380>post 198380</post#>
    Cheers,