5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Image writer (Windows XP Professional)

I would like to print a Publisher file to Image writer, which I have installed from the Office 2003 CD, however I do not see it as a printer. I am running Office 2003 Standard Edition plus Publisher 2003. How do I install this image writer printer?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image writer (Windows XP Professional)

I don't understand: if you have installed Image Writer, why you don't see it on the Printers and Faxes (Start | Printers and Faxes) list? If it is not there, you didn't install it, if it is there, it also suppose to be on Printers drop-down list in Print dialog box (from any Office application click File | Print or press Ctrl-P on the keyboard).

To check is Image Writer installed, click Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs, in the Add or Remove Programs window click Change or Remove Programs button on the left pane, then scroll down the right pane and click (highlight) Microsoft Office 2003..., then click Change button, on the next screen click Add or remove Features, Next, on the next screen check "Choose advanced Customization..." checkbox, click Next, on the next screen expand (click + sign left from) Microsoft Office; Office Tools; Microsoft Office Document Imaging; then click on Microsoft Office Image Writer and from pop-up menu choose "Run from My Computer". Click Update button and follow the wizard.

For printing instructions, see http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/pre...=CH063555201033

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have done exactly as you suggested 2x. Control panel add/remove shows that Image Writer is installed to Run From my computer - yet it does not show up in the list of printers. Very strange.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What Image Writer are you trying to use?
    Where can I get a copy of it, so I can check it out with my system?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is part of Office 2003 just where kaplinb says it is. See post above. It prints to a tif file. But I can not get it to install.