Lounger
    Thanks

Personal Address Books (Outlook/Exchange)

I just deployed two guys who had Outlook but were still using the Personal Address Book for their contacts. First, am I correct in thinking that .PAB is the only file extension used for Personal Address Books. Second, is there a way to find the path to someone's personal address book? I'd check, but corp standards here has said "use Outlook Contacts instead" for a long time...these two just didn't feel like it and now it's biting them (and me) in the butt. Third, is there a way to transfer Personal Address Book entries over to Outlook Contacts?

Thanks much

malkor

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Personal Address Books (Outlook/Exchange)

Yes, the extension is PAB, and although there's a default location, the user can place it anywhere (I did!), so either see if there is a Properties dialog which will locate it for you (you didn't mention the Outlook version, for 2002+ look under File | Data File Management), or File Explorer Search for it with Hidden Files and Folders selected to be searched.

I don't have a PAB any more, but I believe if you open it and select all Items, there is either a right-click option or a menu option to import the selected items to the default Contacts Fodler. When I did this it did NOT check for duplicates. (Mumble, grumble.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Personal Address Books (Outlook/Exchange)

There is some advice on moving your pab to your Contacts here at Slipstick