New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing In Landscape Mode (Word 2003)

I recently upgraded to Word 2003 and it seems like default landscape printing setup does not like me.
    Here is what is happening:
    1) I hit "print screen" for a web page I want to capture
    2) I open up a word document and change the Page Setup to Landscape Mode (and Word forces the Right Margin to 2.75 inches)
    3) I paste the image into word doc
    When I hit print preview, word shows the image as if it's portrait mode. How do I fix this? I'm pretty sure it's not a printer issue because on Word 2002 it works fine.
    To summarize, I want to be able to use word to print a full screen shot using Landscape Mode.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing In Landscape Mode (Word 2003)

A couple of things:
    First, just because a printer works with one version of Word doesn't necessarily mean you don't need an updated printer driver. So one thing to do is check the manufacturer's web page for an updated driver.
    Second, if Word is setting a 2.75" right margin, that doesn't sound right.

Search for & open (either right click in Windows Explorer & choose Open or open the template directly in Word) the underlying template (normal.dot if you're using a blank new page from the toolbar button).
    Switch to landscape mode.
    Change the margins to something more normal, like 1" or 1.5". Under File/Page Setup, make sure that the you don't have mirror margins or a gutter set.
    Save the changes to the template.

By the way, does it print in landscape or does Print Preview not reflect the actual printing? Try pasting the image first & then switching to landscape. If none of this works, can you attach a document here in the Lounge for us to look at (without any sensitve information in it)?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you using a HP LaserJet printer? There is a known problem with margins for several models. There are updated drivers available at hp LaserJet beta software. Look for your Windows version, then Word Margins Fix, then your printer model.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, I got the latest drivers installed.
    >> By the way, does it print in landscape or does Print Preview not reflect the actual printing?
    In print preview and in the actual printing, it shows and prints the screen shot in portrait mode.

So, basically anytime, if I hit landscape mode and click "save" on "Page Settings", Word asks the following question: "One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Choose the Fix button to increase the appropriate margins."
    No matter what I press, Word will still print in portrait mode.

In Word 2002, for landscape mode, it will print the image sideways (i.e. landscape mode) so the full screen shot will print out...(does that make sense??) In word 2003, it prints the screen shot in portrait mode so the right half of the screen shot gets cut off.