Lounger
    Thanks

Underline (Word XP)

I am having an issue with Word on one of our computers. Everything is underlined whether I click the underline button on or off. This also affects email using Word as the editor. In an email I can type a message then highlight the text and get rid of the underline but the receiving side still shows the text as underlined. I have looked for all the settings that I know with no luck. Does anyone have any idea where this would be set so I can stop it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Glenn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Underline (Word XP)

Can you attach a small sample document to your post?

StuartR

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Glenn:
    Have you checked the underlying normal style. Is it set to be underlined? If you open the style box & go to Format/Font, you can remove this. By the way, although I have never used Word as an email editor, there are several posts here in the Lounge indicating that this causes various problems (not saying that this is necessarily one of them).

Thanks

By any chance to you have Track Changes enabled? There is a TRK indicator in the status bar when you do. However, the text normally displays in a contrasting color, so that probably would have tipped you off as well. If in doubt, display the Reviewing toolbar and click the "Next" button (it has a blue arrow pointing to the right).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I take it you don't have the bottom line of the border set? (Format/Borders and Shading)