Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Organizational Charts (PPT 2000 and XP)

Hi all,
    In PPT2000, the organizational chart used to be the MS Org Charts program that was shared with the other applications when you went Insert | Object, and chose the MS Org Chart feature. This inserted it as an object floating on the slide, sheet or document. In PPT-XP, there is a new Org Chart feature that you activate from the drawing toolbar. This feature is much less friendly and useful (my opinion) as I am familiar with the MS Org Chart feature.
    My question:
    Although I work in PPT-XP, is there a way to still use the old MS Org Chart from PPT 2000 to create org charts in my presentations?
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Organizational Charts (PPT 2000 and XP)

If you still have the Office 2000 CD, you can reinstall MS Organization Chart 2.0. See OFFXP: Organization Charts from Office 2000 Programs Appear Different in Office XP Programs.

You can also download it from Cannot edit Organization Chart 2.0 files that are created in earlier versions of Office into Office 2003 (it'll work for Office XP too)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

BTW, the new Organization Chart in Office XP works a lot better if you turn off AutoLayout in the Layout dropdown on the Organization Chart toolbar.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx for your comment. I switched off the Auto layout and tried it out...... MMmmmmmm, still not sure if it is as user friendly. It seems to have less options and feels a little sticky!!! Might just take some getting used to!

Another quick question! I've tried some possible obvious key combinations, but do you know of a shortcut key combo to jump from one box to the other. It's a hassle to use the mouse and click in each box induvidually?
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Tab key to move forward, and Shift+Tab to move backward.
    If you have been editing the contents of a box, press Esc first to finish editing.
    Use F2 to start editing a box.