4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Outlook - Folder list (Outlook 2002)

I have been trying to Open Other Users Folder. When I try it I can view their INBOX, Calendar, Contact list. What I want to see if their Folder List from my Outlook. Is this possible?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Outlook - Folder list (Outlook 2002)

If you are using an Exchange server, I know this is possible. The network admin can change a setting (although I'd have to ask him exactly where it is) on the server to let you see all of another user's Outlook items. This is the method that we use at my office, but I have heard that there is another way. I've never tried it, but here it is, in theory:

The other user right-clicks on each of the Outlook items they want you to access and selects Properties. They add you on the Permissions tab.

From your computer, you go to Tools - Email accounts. Select View or Change existing e-mail accounts, click Next.
    Select your account from the window on the left (mine only has one), click Change.
    Click More Settings.
    Go to the Advanced tab and add the other user to your list of mailboxes.

I know this applies to mailboxes on an Exchange server, and I have no experience with any other configuration of Outlook. Either way, if the administrator flips a switch for you or if the user gives you rights, you'll have to do the "From your computer" steps.

I hope this helps!
    Becky

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Will give this a try tomorrow.

Thank you

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Just to clarify: the "flip a switch" approach that <!profile=bewens>bewens<!/profile> is describing is not an "out of the box" Exchange setting - so your own network admin may not be familiar with it. The "flip a switch" setting can be configured, however, should management wish to have a greater degree of control over whether colleagues share each others' mail access. Also AFAIK Outlook is configured by design so that folder access is granted on a folder by folder basis - rather than "all in one go". HTH
    Gre