Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autorun problems with Fuji Finepix camera

I'm having problems with the autorun facility using a Fuji FinePix 401 digital camera. On a previous PC with the camera connected, when I switched the camera on, the Fuji software automatically opened and the images downloaded. On my new PC, when I switch the camera on, Windows folder view always opens. I've gone into the properties of this drive and selected the autorun option to download images to the FinePix software but the instructions are always 'ignored' and folder view opens. I've reloaded the software several times and updated the USB driver and software. I can open the Fuji software 'manually' and download the images into it but there is no way I can make it happen automatically. I'd very much appreciate any help.

Thanks

Re: Autorun problems with Fuji Finepix camera

Was your previous system also running XP?

I would guess the 'autorun' facility you are looking for is more to do with the Fuji software detecting the camera is attached than the properties of the drive. This in turn would imply the software needs to be running all the time....
    When you run the Fuji software manually, can you find a setting to have it run at startup perhaps?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Leif
    Thanks for that. Yes, I was using XP before and I've tried running the Fuji software from start up but I still have to manually download the images into the Fuji program. Even with the Fuji program open, folder view still appears when I connect and switch on the camera.

Thanks

This thread about an Olympus camera sounds similar. Not sure if Fuji has any advice for you. If I recall correctly, both my Canon S45 and Minolta A1 triggered a big list of options. (I obtained a card reader some time ago, so I can't remember in detail.)