Star Lounger
    Thanks

Slide show and print pictures problems (XP Home SR1)

More problems with pictures! I've found that the options to run a slide show and print pictures have disappeared from some of my folders in My Pictures. After much experimenting I found that if I changed the folder name (i.e. from '2004 photos' to '2004 new photos') the slide show and print options came back. I'm completely puzzled by this - can someone explain please and suggest what's going on.
    Thanks again.

Thanks

Re: Slide show and print pictures problems (XP Hom

Strange - the only time I can remember changing a folder name making a difference was in this thread.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide show and print pictures problems (XP Home SR1)

Found the problem! A Folder that contains photos (i.e. jpg's) must have its Properties set to either Pictures or Photo Album for a slide show, etc. to work. Right click on the folder, select Properties then the Customize tab. In the Customize list select Pictures or Photo album, not Documents. The folders that wouldn't show slides were set on Documents. Presumably when the folder was renamed XP then 'selected' the most appropriate customization for the folder based on its contents - interesting!