New Lounger
    Thanks

where are files stored? (Outlook 2003)

Hi -- Where are Outlook's files stored? Specifically, the contacts and calendar? I recently had a virus that caused my system to crash. We had to partition the hard disk so that it could boot again. All of my data files and system files ended up in one partition. I'm sure that my Outlook contacts and calendar files are stored in that partition somewhere but I can't find them. So, I reinstalled Office in the new partition (C. I had to re-enter my calendar info and contacts.

Does anyone know where I could find these Outlook files?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: where are files stored? (Outlook 2003)

Your data files are stored in a Personal Storage '*.PST' file. Search for it (them) through File Explorer, making sure to search hidden files and folders. Reattach the PST(s) through the Files | Data Management dialog. View settings, Autosuggested names from 'Check Names' (a.k.a. nicknames), and some other settings files are kept separately, ask if you want to find those also.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000/2002/2003 File Locations from the SlipStick site contains a comprehensive list of where data is stored.

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks Tony for the pointer to the list - I have been to the slipstick site before but hadn't seen that there. It will come in very handy in future. Now if there were only similar sites for files that hold settings in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Windows I would be a happy camper.