3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Synchronze IMAP/Exchange (Outlook Exchange/2002/2003)

I use Outlook Exchange at work with Outlook 2003. On my laptop I have Outlook 2002 and away from the office I use IMAP. Until recently I had no problem synchronizing my e-mail. I have not been able to get the calendars or contacts synchronized. That's one problem.

The bigger problem first occurred yesterday. I used my laptop to log on to the Exchange account. IMAP downloaded all of the current INBOX into the IMAP inbox. Now only the items that arrived after I shut down Outlook on my laptop show in my Exchange Inbox. Before I could see all Inbox things in one place. This is the first time in 6 months that I have used my laptop with the Exchange server, so I must have changed some setting. I'm just not sure which one.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Synchronze IMAP/Exchange (Outlook Exchange/200

Regarding IMAP, it seems like the server side policy has changed - as there is little that you can change in your own configuration.

Two thoughts occur:<UL><LI>Firstly, after you downloaded, was there a strike-through line on the mail that you downloaded. Possibly, the belief server-side was that you didn't require that mail any longer - although, in the past, such mail was retained for a longer period.<LI>Secondly, IMAP mail is generally held in the Inbox for a specific period after which it is deleted. It is possible that your company IMAP retention policy has altered. Your best bet may be to move items out of your Inbox if you want to retain them.[/list]HTH
    Gre