5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving email messages

A colleague who uses Netscape Communicator (I've never used Netscape) wants to move email messages/folders to a zip drive. Trying to drag them to the zip drive designation in Windows Explorer doesn't work. Ditto on copying them. Any advice/solutions?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving email messages

Try Right mouse click on message -> Save
    This should bring up a Save As dialogue box and then you should be able to save the message to any device you want. This does not seem to work for folders, but will work for messages.
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response, Ed. My question wasn't clear enough, though. I was aware of the Save As command, but because about 2000 email messages are involved, I was looking for some kind of shortcut global move.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Based on the number of messages, I presume your friend is interested in a sort of "archiving" so that he needn't keep all those messages on his hard drive.

He has a couple choices -- neither of which are as nice as just click & drag from the mailbox.

(a) Select several messages (sorted however he likes... sender, recipient, subject, date) and then right-click save. This will save all of the selected messages into one text file. Then delete the messages.

([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] In Win9x; go to crogram filesnetscapeusersUSERNAMEmail. The Netscape "folders" are actually files with an snm extension. Through Explorer he can copy those to his zip and then in Netscape empty them.

HTH
    Karen