3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding Background Sound (FrontPage 2000)

I would like to add background sound to a web page. I have read the MS KB article 297477. But here is my problem: I access Microsoft's Clip Gallery, select a sound to download & then select open/save (I've done both). The file is then saved as a cil. That file type won't work. I've tried saving it as a .wav and that doesn't work. Can someone help me? How do I save/convert these Clip Gallery sound files to be able to use them?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding Background Sound (FrontPage 2000)

Hi, Pam. I'm surprised no one answered your post. CIL files are a type of file that gets downloaded to your machine (earlier versions of MS Office use it). Once it's on your machine, you double-click it, and THEN it has been added to your own clipart gallery. Supposedly. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps no one has helped answer your Q, though, because many people think adding sound to your web is a very bad idea. I'm one of them. Sorry. Don't take offense. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. I figured it out on my own - downloading to my own Clip Gallery and then inserting it. And no, I don't take offense to your statement about sound on a website. I would agree - it is very annoying. I was actually creating a fun welcome back web page for an employee on our company intranet. That is a good use of sound - and the employee loved it! Thanks again for responded!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you got it solved!
    And that's a GOOD reason to put sound on there.