2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access .IDB Files (Access 2002)

I have try to get a under stable explanation on how Access creates the IDB Files. I've noticed that Access creates an IDB file each time a database is opened. However, I've notice that it does not do this 100% percent of the time. Also; I have opened the IDB files with Notepad and I can identify who has the database open. But Once Again; Sometimes Notepad is not able to open this file. I just want to know how access produces this file and how can it be open 100% of the time to identify all the users that are currently in the database?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access .IDB Files (Access 2002)

You don't have to use Notepad to do this. The LDB file is a access database.
    Have look at this kb article :
    How to determine who is logged on to a database by using Microsoft Jet UserRoster in Access 2002 or in Access 2003
    Francois

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank You for the info and the link; but where do I find out more about this file. How is it created; as I mentioned before not all the database that I have viewed create this file.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I have no idea how those files are created by Access.
    According this kb article, Introduction to .ldb files, the ldb files are only created when you use the mdb in shared mode.
    Francois