2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Virtual Memory (Windows XP SP1)

Where can I find how much Virtual Memory my computer uses at work...I am running out of Hard Disk space and do not want to load another program on it if it will interfere with the virtual memory...thanks, John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Virtual Memory (Windows XP SP1)

Control-Alt-Del > Task Manager > Performance

Look at Physical Memory (Total and Available) to see how much memory is in use / available
    Look at PF usage to see how heavily your page file is committed

StuartR

Thanks

Right click My Computer, click properties>advanced>performance>settings> advanced.
    Virtual memory will be listed there.
    To change ( if you have the priveledges ) click settings
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Open System Properties (by pressing Windows and Pause/Break keys on the keyboard, or right-clicking My Computer icon on the Desktop and choosing Properties, or from Control Panel), make a note how much physical memory (RAM) is installed, then click Advanced tab, then under Performance click Settings button, on the next screen (Performance Options) click Advanced button once again, and under Virtual Memory you can see the actual size of your page file. Then click Change button and you will see amount of available space. If you want, you can set the size of your page file there. Suggested size is from 1.5 times your RAM (initial) to 3 times your RAM (maximum), but it is better to left "system managed size" intact.

Tip: to free some space on the hard drive, decrease the size of System Restore files (unless you installing and uninstalling programs frequently). To do so, from System Properties click System Restore tab, then choose (highlight) the drive you want to add free space to and click Settings tab. On the next screen move the slider to decrease space allocated to System REstore files.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you to each of you for helping me out with your suggestions...John