5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving between Tabs (A2K)

Question 1

My form has 5 tabs. I'm on the Tab 5 portion of the form.
    When I click on a button to execute an action, I also want it to take me to Tab 1.
    Did a search through the forum, but couldn't come up with anything close.

Question 2

This is just a general question re the Forum. Is there a way that I can pull up my back postings to review the treasures offered by the Forum staff?
    Cheers,
    Andy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving between Tabs (A2K)

In response to Q #1, may want to take a look at this previous thread:

<!post=Re: 'Tab' to next Tab Control Page (2000/XP),362055>Re: 'Tab' to next Tab Control Page (2000/XP)<!/post>

This thread describes various methods that can be used for navigating tabs on a tab control; the specific post cited above has a demo database attached demonstrating some of these techniques.

In response to Q #2, if you want to see your own posts, if you open "Personal Control Panel" screen, under "Edit your Setup" the 2nd icon when clicked will enable you to "View all your own posts" - see attached pic.

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mark, thanks kindly for the quick response. I think I'll wait 'til morning to try this out as my forehead is starting to hit my screen. It's been a long one today.
    Cheers,
    Andy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good Sunshiny Morning Mark!

Question 2 Answer: Perfect, I didn't realize how much begging I've done in the past.

Question 1 Answer: Interesting

Having returned to the land of the living, I downloaded your attachment and found it really informative and I will definitely use some of its aspects in future development knowing now how to approach that type of situation. However, my current scenario is a tad simpler I think.
    All I want to be able to do is Click on the button while on Tab 5 Page, go to Tab 1 Page and continue the action. It's sort of a GOTO I used to use back in Cobol and Autocoder days.

Anyway, thanks again for your help,
    Cheers,
    Andy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

If all you need to do is move to first tab on tab control, use something like this:

<code>Private Sub Command1_Click()</code>

<code> ' Go to first tab on tab control:</code>
    <code> Me.TabCtl1.Value = 0</code>

<code>End Sub</code>

The "value" property of a tab control refers to its numerical index, ie, which page is currently displayed. The tab control's Pages collection represents all pages (tabs) on control; the index for this collection is zero-based, which is why you set the value to 0 instead of 1 to go to first tab (it's easy to make off-by-one errors when working with tab controls since the Pages are usually named Page1, Page2, etc, where the index value is actually 0, 1, etc).

HTH

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mark,

Many thanks for the quick and bang-on answer. Do you think it was Billy G. who decided we should start counting at 0 instead of 1?
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Nah, it's more natural for computers to start counting at 0. As you know, the basic unit of computer information is a bit that can be 0 ("off") or 1 ("on"). The initial state for all bits is 0 ("off").

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    thanks for the input. You're absolutely right. Mind you "I remember back in the Olden Days" when we used punched cards with 80 columns and 12 rows to rule the data processing world with. You don't ever want to manually sort 20 columns alphabetically. And then drop the cards.
    Cheers,
    Andy