New Lounger
    Thanks

Global mpt Location (2000)

A couple of questions...
    Is there a way to find out where the global.mpt file is saving to, other than using Windows explorer and searching?
    Is there a way to set where the global.mpt file is saved?

I was hoping there might be something similar to tools/options in Word where you can see and specify the settings.

Thanks

Re: Global mpt Location (2000)

The location of the global.mpt file is depenedent upon whether or not the project file is saved locally or on a network and is also dependent upon which operating system you are working on.

Take a look at the following link to see if it provides any insight. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...3&Product=PRJ2K

I don't know if this helps, post back if you need further assistance.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Thanks

... note - in the prior post, look at the second paragraph of the section more information in the link provided.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the link Gary. My .mpp file is stored on a network so I guess that's why I'm having trouble. What I did do was use organiser and after a couple of attempts at copying into various files I managed to get the views and tables that I'd customised to be saved into the global.mpt. However, I still can't get my custom toolbar to show up in the global.mpt file itself.
    Any ideas what I could try to get the toolbar in the global.mpt file (and stay there!)

Thanks

Interesting. Cusomized toolbars and menus are attached to the application rather then the project on the system you were using when you customized them, so they are automatically written to the global mpt file. This is where it gets interesting. If you are having problems getting the customized items to the network global.mpt, then odds are there is a path defined to the global mpt locally. You need to find this to solve the problem.

Also note that re-setting a toolbar removes all customized changes - so if anyone attached to the global mpt file resets a toolbar, well you understand where I am going.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)