Lounger
    Thanks

subform scrollbars (2002)

I can't seem to get rid of the scroll bars in my sub forms, the property for scroll bars is set to "neither" both in my main and sub form but I still have horizontal scroll bars in my sub form. the sub is forced to display as a data sheet the scroll bar takes you way past any fields.
    Thanks
    Doug

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: subform scrollbars (2002)

The ScrolBars property only applies to single and continuous forms, not to datasheet forms. If the subform is not wide enough to display all columns completely, even if by only one pixel, it will display a horizontal scroll bar. You can get rid of the horizontal scroll bar by increasing the width of the subform on the main form, or decreasing the column widths.

Lounger
    Thanks

Doh ! that did it !
    Thanks again
    Doug

3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Hans

I have a main form which has 9 subforms. I am dynamically resizing them according to how many records they contain. This process is run when a command button is clicked.

It all works well apart from some subforms display scrollbars, seemingly at random. When I click the command button again, the subforms display correctly, i.e. no scrollbars.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this should be ?

Thanks for your help

Nick

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I've never heard of this problem, and I haven't been able to reconstruct it. Searching didn't turn up anything relevant either. Sorry...

3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Hans

Thanks for checking. I have managed to find a way around this - I closed the form & re-opened it hidden in Design view. I then set the Height and Top properties of the subforms, saved the form, and finally re-opened it in Normal view. No scrollbars in sight.

Nick

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad you found a workaround.

For others reading this: if you want to use Nick's workaround, and if your database is used by multiple users, you *must* use a split database design, with a shared backend and an individual copy of the frontend for each user. Modifying a form in design view locks the (frontend) database exclusively, meaning that other users cannot open it.