2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Explorer (XP-SP1)

I am looking for an add-on for windows explorer (file manager) that will allow creation of thumbnails or previews for basically all file types, not just graphic images, so I can preview other file types as well. Anyone know of anything like that?

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Explorer (XP-SP1)

I know that with MS Word you can the thumbnail use. It is called "Save Preview picture" and you will fine the check box on the first tab of the file properties. This must be set for EACH file.

I think you will need to check each program to see if this is possible. I know of NO do it all wonders type program.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Explorer (XP-SP1)

Several commercial products (usually Windows Explorer replacements) include the ability to view files. These include:
    Directory Opus
    PowerDesk Pro
    Quick View Plus
    Turbo Browser
    Universal Explorer
    Other file managers and utilities (a mixture of freeware, shareware and commercial) are listed at www.andilinks.com some of which will include the ability to view files.
    There is no guarantee that any of these products will view all of the file types that you want to see, and as these are commercial products I can not recommend one over the other.