Thread: Dumb question??

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dumb question??

I have an employee table that I am adding new records to. I have a query that includes the employee table plus 2 other tables. This query is used to create a report. The new records that I am adding to the Employee table aren't showing up in the report. Does anyone know why? I have added a new employee before and it shows in report. I use the employee table by itself in a report and the new record shows up but when I use the query with the 2 other tables and use that as a basis for the report, the record doesn't show up. This is odd.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dumb question??

Have you established relationship between your tables to auto create records in the 2 other tables?

If not what type of joins are you using in your query? if no records exist in the other 2 tables then the new Employee records wont appear if you use just a normal join.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This has been working and now all of a sudden it doesn't. I have the employee table, pc table and monitor table. The pc table and the monitor table both have the employee id field in them. I guess I have a normal join. Records do exist in the other two tables.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I double clicked on the relationship line between the tables and changed the type of join and now it works. Thanks a bunch....