New Lounger
    Greenville, North Carolina, USA

Form/Subform Question (Access 2002)

Not sure if it is possible to do what I want to do. Here is a description: I would like to have a form with a combo box in which I lookup and select a name out of possibly 250 sales people. I then want to have a subform on which I display the output from 4 separate queries. The first is to count the number of items sold in region A by the name selected in the combo box, count the number of items sold in region B by the name in the combo box, same thing for region C, and then a total for all regions.

I would like to be able to display the data in the subform on the screen and print it out in a report. I have tried to use the forms wizard to get a feel for setting up the form/sub form, but have not been able to get it to work for even the most simple examples. I have created the combo box, written the 4 queries, but struck out so far on putting it all together in the subform. Be real helpful if someone who had tried to do this before has a very simple example they would share.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Sacramento, California, USA

Re: Form/Subform Question (Access 2002)

The problem with someone sharing a solution is that their data might not be in the same shape as yours. You might not even need multiple queries to do this, but that depends on the way your tables are structured. If you provide some additional information on that, someone will be able to help you.