Star Lounger
    Thanks

attaching a slide to MS Word (9.0/2001)

Does anyone know how to copy a slide onto MS Word. I know how to copy the slide, and paste as a picture...but the slide pastes small and when I resize it, the slide looks distorted. Is there a way to import the slide into MS Word as an attachment on a new page?

Thanks

Re: attaching a slide to MS Word (9.0/2001)

If you use File > Send to >Microsoft Word you can choose from a number of different sizes and layouts. I believe that links to PPT are inserted, and you can convert them to ordinary pictures by selecting them and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9.

I can't recall whether the PowerPoint dialog requires you to export the entire presentation... if so, and it's a long one, you could consider the alternative of using Save As and choosing the PNG graphic format. In Word you then can use Insert > Picture > From file. I think PowerPoint saves in a large size that may appear fuzzy when Word reduces it to fit the margins, but Word will print the image clearly. (Changing the size after inserting can distort the image, though, so it's best to insert after the margins have been set to the desired dimensions.)

Last but not least, you could use a macro to export at the precisely desired dimensions. See <post#=157462>post 157462</post#> for an example that exports all slides to 320x240 PNG image files (sized to fit two across and three down).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Another option, if all else fails, is to use a screen capture program to take a picture of the slide as you see it on the screen. Just the slide part without powerpoint's toolbars. There are any number of such programs available. You can then bring it into Word with Insert Picture as Jefferson suggested. One advantage of this approach is that you can save it as one of many file types (eg, jpeg, tiff, png) depending on the file size. You then have the picture of the slide to use wherever and whenever you want.

Fred