3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keeping Signature off Outlook templates (Outlook 2003)

I have a user who has created a couple of Outlook templates with boilerplate text that he has to email out time and time again. In Outlook XP, he claims that when he opened one of those templates, it would not put his signature on them automatically, which was good because he had included a signature in the boilerplate text when he first typed the template. But since he has upgraded to Outlook 2003, when he opens up his template, it inserts his signature, and it sticks it at the top of the template, which looks ridiculous. So I wanted to know if there was a way to turn the signature off, just for that template? Any ideas?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keeping Signature off Outlook templates (Outlook 2003)

Signatures are based on the default which the user defines under Tools, Options, Mail Format tab, for any new message created and all new messages are based on a template (whether they are Microsoft or user defined). I suggest that users do not default any signature and only include a signature in their e-mails before sending which can easily be done using the signature icon on the Standard toolbar in a new e-mail message (looks like someone is signing the bottom of a peice of paper). Hope this helps... trish

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trish - thank you for your response. I agree with your assessment of signatures. I do not personally insert mine be default because I have several signatures (one for internal emails, external emails, etc.) so I manually insert mine.

Any idea, though, why he would not have run into this problem in a previous version of Outlook? I told him that I was surprised that he had not had this problem before, but he maintains that until upgrading to 2003, it was not an issue.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Satiria,
    I am running Outlook 2002, and I have have the same problem. If I turn on automatic signature, OL will add it to my email created from a template to the top. If I turn auto sig off, it turns it off for all created emails. I haven't found a way to not have it show up with a template. So, I manually add my sigs as suggested by Trish.