2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reports - Page width and date problem (Access 97)

Hi all,
    I am creating a report based on an query in Access. I have two problems that I am having trouble with:
    1. Page width - When I run the report I get an error message that says the section width is larger than the page width and that some pages will print out blank. My page size is set at A4 which is correct, and I have moved the fields and lines around so that they are well within the boundary. The problem warning message still comes up and pages do print out blank. Anyone know where my problem is?

2. When I run the report I get a window come up that asks me to enter a parameter value on one of the fields, which happens to be a date field. It doesn't matter what I put into that box, the report will still run. All I want to be displayed in this field is the information in the field from the query. How can I stop this parameter value window coming up?

I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

Bill

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports - Page width and date problem (Access 97)

1. Check the left and right margin (in File | Page Setup...) and the width of the report. The three together should be less than the width of an A4 page (21 cm = 8.27 inch for portrait, 29.7 cm = 11.69 inch for landscape). If necessary, decrease the margins or make the report narrower.

2. Check where the name you are prompted for occurs - perhaps in the Filter or Order By properties. And check for tiny typos.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks heaps for your help. You solved my Page Setup problem. Much appreciated.
    I will use your info to help me with my other problem, but it will take a bit of investigation time before I know where I am at. Will let you know how I go.
    Thanks again.

Bill

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    My date problem was caused by a small type problem as you suggested. A space had snuck it's way in! Anyway that problem is solved, thanks to your help.
    I am about to post another problem that should see the end of the end of this project if I can resolve it.
    Thanks again.

Bill