3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Norton and WinXP (WinXP Pro NAV2003)

I have Norton Anti-virus 2003 installed on one of my computers that has WinXP Pro. After a few months of using the machine, I have noticed that it takes a long time before you hear the login music (the one came as default from Windows) and then you can start any web related software, such as Outlook Express and IE 6. I can only hear that login music after NAV is running after login.

I have noticed the following:

1) if I wait for a long time (say 3 minutes) after booting up my computer and then login, everything will run as normal because NAV would have loaded already. If I don't wait and login immediately, I can see all my icons on the desktop but cannot go onto the web or retrieve emails until I hear the delayed and default login music. I notice that before I can hear that music, NAV is not up and running yet. If I log off immediately, Windows will try to stop the process CCAPP.exe (part of NAV) before I can log off.

2) If I un-install NAV and re-install it again, the problem will be gone and I can use my web-related programs immediately after login without any delay. However, this will last for about a few months and the problem will come back to haunt me.

Any one has any experience on that?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Norton and WinXP (WinXP Pro NAV2003)

Are the setting of NAV checking for updates when you reboot?

I have not run 2003 since 2004 come out and can not remember if there was a check for updates on reboot or not.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.