Thread: link inside div

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

link inside div

I have a link inside a div that's not functioning as a link (i.e. my cursor doesn't change over it and it doesn't take me anywhere if I click on it). I don't understand why it's not working. Other links within divs work just fine. Here's the code:

<div id=step1 name=step1 align=center style="position: absolute; top: 50; left: 230">
    <table border=0 bgcolor="#D1D1D1" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td><font color="#DF0000">Step 1</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=3>What would you like to do?</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>*</td>
    <td><input onclick="purpose='addnew';GoToStep(2,'1')" type=radio name=step1choice id=step1choice value=addnew>Add a New Document</input></td><td>*</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>*</td>
    <td><input type=radio onclick="purpose='replace';GoToStep(2,'1')" name=step1choice id=step1choice value=replace>Replace an Existing Document</input></td>
    <td>*</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>*</td><td><input type=radio onclick="purpose='expired';GoToStep(2,'1')" name=step1choice id=step1choice value=expired>Manage Expired Documents</input></td><td>*</td>
    </tr>
    <tr><td colspan=3>*</td></tr>
    </table>
    <p style="color:#515151; font-weight: bold">[img]/intranet/images/back1.gif[/img]Back to Administrator's Menu</p>
    </div>

Thanks in advance for all help [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: link inside div

Just to be clear, the link includes only the image and not the text, and you don't get a hand-pointing-finger even over the image? Unless you have some very complicated style definitions elsewhere in your document, it should behave exactly the same.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: link inside div

I played with this page a lot yesterday, and finally, made a copy and added each element one at a time, testing the link between each. It seemed to me that once I added a <textarea> element inside my form (which is inside a div), things started to break down. Finally, I just split my page into two separate asp pages. Now all seems to be behaving well. Thanks for your response!