4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Locking data in Combo boxes (2000)

Hi,
    I have a combo box that has a total of 10 items being called from a table. These items will never change. 2 of the items are Vendor and Mech Vendor. Some how Vendor was changed to Mech Vendor as well so I had 2 Mech Vendors in the list. I'm assuming someone typed in Mech in front of the Vendor and it saved because of my settings. I'd like to stop this from happening again. I went and tried to Lock the combo box but when I do that it won't let me select anything. I have limit to list set to Yes but because Mech Vendor is in the list I believe it will allow this mistake again. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Deb

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Locking data in Combo boxes (2000)

As you suspect, setting Limit to list to Yes wouldn't help, since "Mech Vendor" is already part of the list.

Typing something in the text part of a combo box will not by itself modify the item in the row source of the combo box, unless the combo box is bound to a field in its own Row Source. One way to avoid duplicate items in the list is to set the row source to a query with Unique Values set to yes. Or if there should not be duplicate items in the field in the table that populates the list, set a unique index on that field.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Locking data in Combo boxes (2000)

I think your query idea will work. Right now I just used the combo wizard and it's based off the table. Thanks!