Star Lounger
    Thanks

macro for checkboxes (2000)

I have a userform with 15 checkboxes. Each checkbox indicates whether a macro should run or not. The User can select any combination of checkboxes and then click on an "OK" button (also in the userform).

Can anyone advise a simple way to write the code to fire off the selected macros?

Eg If only the Checkbox1 value = true, then only run Macro 1. If say, Checkbox1 and Checkbox 3 are selected, then fire off macro 1 and macro 3 only etc

I'm sure this can be done with simple code, but I cant seem to get my head round it!

Many thanks

Rob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: macro for checkboxes (2000)

If your check boxes are really named CheckBox1, CheckBox2 etc., and the corresponding macros are really named Macro1, Macro2 etc., you can do it like this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 15
    If Me.Controls("CheckBox" & i) Then
    Application.Run "Macro" & i
    End If
    Next i
    End Sub

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Hans,

The Checkboxes and Macros have uniform names, so this code works perfectly. Thank you

I had tried a For/Next loop, but couldn't get it to work. You used the "Me" keyword. Please could you explain what this keyword does. Can't understand how it works and can't find it in the "Help" either.

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Rob

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

ME is a property of the current object on which your code is running. It acts like an object, so of stead of calling the objects name, you can use ME.
    Works on forms in word and access and excel. Shortcut for refering to the current object!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Me refers to the object that is running the code. In this case, it is the userform; if you have event code for a worksheet, it is the worksheet object, etc.

(Technically speaking, a userform, a worksheet and a workbook are all examples of a class. In the class module, Me refers to the current instance of the class. Don't worry if this doesn't mean much to you.)