Lounger
    Thanks

Personal Address Book (Outlook 2000)

I recently replaced a user's computer and now they have requested that they get their personal address book back into the new computer as the old one was apparently stored on the local hard drive. Problem is we cannot seem to find where this file is. We can view the address book and did searches for pab and the like with no success. Does anyone have any suggestion as to where we might find this file and/or how to export it so I can put it on her network drive?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Glenn

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Personal Address Book (Outlook 2000)

What type of e-mail program was she using - Outlook Express or the full version of Outlook?

Lounger
    Thanks

Full version of Outlook

Thanks,
    Glenn

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you search for the PAB using the option "Search Hidden Files ands Folders"? Although there's a default location, which I think is

Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftOutlook

the user can relocate the PAB anywhere. (I assume that you checked that the user had a PAB and not a Contacts Folder.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think John pinned it... there probably is no "Personal Address Book" - there addresses where probably being saved directly in their mailbox under the Contacts folder. This is located in a personal folder (*.pst) in the same directly as John pointed you to. If this is not the case... you may want to look on the individuals computer for a *.wab (this is Microsoft's default address book for Outlook Express or older Microsoft e-mail programs - maybe the information was never converted correctly to full version of Outlook... good luck... trish