Lounger
    Thanks

Migrate Contacts, Calendar, Emails (Outlook 2003)

Hello,

I know this question has been asked many times, so maybe I can be pointed to the correct thread. I searched some earlier posts, but didn't find the answer. I'm trying to migrate my contacts, calendar, and emails from Outlook 2003 on one computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. The new computer is replacing the other computer.

Many thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Migrate Contacts, Calendar, Emails (Outlook 2003)

They are all stored in your Personal Folders file; this is a file with extension .pst. The default location and name is

Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst

Application Data is a hidden folder, so you must display hidden files and folders to see it in Windows Explorer. You can transfer this file to the new computer and set it as Personal Folders file or import everything from it.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Migrate Contacts, Calendar, Emails (Outlook 2003)

Thanks, Hans, for your help. I found out my problem was switching the order of "Application Data" and "Local Settings" in the string. Unfortunately I lost some new emails in the process, but that's a small price to pay for keeping the contacts, calendar, and old emails.