Thread: DVD copying

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DVD copying

Please excuse this naive question. Is there a good, reasonably-priced (or free) DVD copying utility? I am NOT talking about copying copyrighted material; I understand that the tidal wave of programs that were advertised a year or two ago are now out of business (put out by the Motion Picture Association). In the past, I made DVDs for a group using my own input and Pinnacle 8. This year one of my tapes was lost after loaning to someone, who had used it plus his own material to produce an excellent, snappy DVD. He has given me permission to copy it, but the programs now on my PC apparently do not handle this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: DVD copying

At lot of stores are having "closeout" sales on the program that have been discontinued. Example: DVD X Copy. Oddly, the prices still seem somewhat high...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I use a tool called DVDShrink to manage things like this. It does a lot of things automatically, including compression of video to fit on a DVD-R if necessary. What is particularly nice is that you can re-author the disc if need be.
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 01-Sep-04 13:20. to activate link)</P>Have a look at Stefan Haglund's CDBurnerXP Pro http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ its free and was Gold winner in a recent Personal Computer World (UK mag) group review.