5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

tabbing between subforms (Access03)

How do I force the focus from one subform to the next subform when tabbing. Do I need to code or is there an easier trick that I haven't figured out yet. I have tried setting the tab numbers that didn't work. Are tab numbers constrained to a subform or do they go across multiple subforms? The main form does have the subforms listed in the correct tabbing order.

Thank you.

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: tabbing between subforms (Access03)

Tabbing between subforms is a bit tricky because there are things in between, like form sections, tab controls, the next subform control itself, and the form inside the subform control. It also depends on the Cycle setting for each of the subforms themselves, since that can keep the focus within the subform. The only surefire way I know is to use the OnExit focus of the last control in one subform to set the focus to the first control on the next subform. That's something of a simplification, but if you give more detail someone can help you work out the specifics.

Oh, and tab order if for the container. That means the tab order in the detail of a subform has no connection to the tab order in the parent form or other subforms. In fact, the tab orders of sections of a form are independent.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte's observations are valid, of course, but usually, Ctrl+Tab takes you out of a subform to the next control in the tab order on the parent form, which may be another subform.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte and Hans I will work on that problem to night. Have to work today. Fay